MY CURRENT SKIN CARE ROUTINE

Hi guys! Please forgive me for making an article that has lot of content but I try to keep it short and simple. I really wanted to share my skin care routine which works for me during winter. I have to use different products during winter and summer, otherwise my skin would be miserable. It is so important to invest in skin care products because what's the point with the make up if your skin is breaking out and damaged. I rather have healthy looking skin than covering my face with tons of makeup. If you don't know what your skin type is, go to your local Kiehl's skin care boutique, they have a quick way to make sure what your skin type is. It is important to use products that are for your skin type, because something that works for me, may not work for you.




Before applying any creams or serums, I wash my face off (not washing it literally haha), and I really  need a small amount of this and it will wash all the make up off my face which is good news for your wallet, just so you know. I do have a makeup remover for face but this one works on its own too. This one doesn't foam on your face that much which I like very much because the more product foams, the more chemicals the product has


After washing my face, it is time to balance the skin with a toning lotion. I used to use Clinique 3-step skin care system, and it really was too aggressive for my skin, especially the toner itself. This toning lotion is really gentle and has enough power to balance my skin after washing it. I pour a small amount of toner on a cotton pad and apply most of the toner on my t-zone because it has more oiliness than my cheeks. I don't wash my face with water in the morning, I just use the toner. Water dries the skin so avoid using it.


Eye cream is one of my favorite parts of my skin care routine because the eye area (unfortunately), is one of the places that shows really well your beauty lines or so called wrinkles. My inspiration for taking care of my skin is Michelle Phan. She said that prevention is the key when it comes to wrinkles or acne. So, if you don't want wrinkles, use products that prevents them. Because during winter, my skin needs more hydration, I find this eye cream by Lancôme perfect, but when the spring and summer arrives, I use eye cream that has lighter texture.



This is one of my favorite products and it's running out! When I don't get that much of sleep, this really helps my skin get back in shape. It has a calming effect on your skin and helps it feel relieved. Sleeping is so important and it really shows on your face if you don't sleep, but we all have those days when we don't get much of sleep – luckily we have products to rescue us. Remember to use serums before applying cream and let it absorb!


This is another product that I use before applying creams. My skin is dry and it has redness, especially on the forehead area and little bit around the cheeks. I have noticed that this little container of magic helps with the redness. I used to use a greenish concealer which basically neutralized the red areas on my face but I haven't used that for long time because this helps the redness to go away.



Before sleeping, the last part of my night routine is to apply hydrating jelly which by the way smells like ocean. Oh my. This product feels like pampering because it feels so good and absorbs so quickly on your face. I understand when we are tired, we tend to go to bed without washing our faces nor do any sort of skin care routine, but in long run, it is so worth it. I must admit that good looking products always satisfy me while doing my routine. It is one of those things that also motivates me to go and smack the products on my face. Make your skin care routine a fun part of your morning and night, it will be worth it.



7. Biotherm Aquasource

Last but not least, my hydration gel for mornings. Its texture forms some sort of a shield that really keeps my skin hydrated throughout the whole day. It contains no paraben preservatives or mineral oils. It absorbs in to my skin really fast which is great because then I can apply some makeup that is another story.


Thank you so much for reading! What do you use during your skin care routine?

40 comments:

  1. Anonymous11/26/2014

    Thank you for this article! I am in treat to try this since I have no clue yet what works for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking time to comment! It was my pleasure! xx

      Delete
  2. I want to try the eye cream!

    XO CHAMA FASHION
    www.chamafashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very good, not so cheap but it's worth it -- it's your skin that we are talking about! <3

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing your routine. This is very interesting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you much for your nice comment! <3

      Delete
  4. Me encanta la marca, lo único que la voy intercalando por presupuesto!!!

    Besos, Emi
    http://www.diseneitorforever.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11/27/2014

    I love the pictures! Thank you for putting so much effort to do this article! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awws! Thank you! It really was my pleasure to do! xx

      Delete
  6. Great post, love it :)

    Brina xoxo, Check out -->COAT GIVEAWAY - 3 WINNERS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always love posts like these I always learn about new products to try out. Thanks for sharing.

    Meg | Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I am always in treat to hear what others use because you learn and discover new products! xx

      Delete
  8. Great post! I love Biotherm products too :) your post just reminded me that I need to buy a serum!

    xo Susann
    Fashion in Pepperland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susann! Haha, I am glad that I was able to remind you! :) xx

      Delete
  9. Anonymous11/27/2014

    I love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice post and photos - I was also using La Roche Posay Rosaliac Ar Intense and worked well with my skin type

    http://l0veyourselffirst.blogspot.sk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's nice to hear that you also use Rosaliac Ar! :) xx

      Delete
  11. Very interesting post, thanks for share

    http://irinasenina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice Inspirations

    FOLLOW my Blog!!! Maybe we can follow each other!!!
    http://rimanerenellamemoria.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  13. sounds like a great routine! biotherm seems like a good product!

    lifeisashoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Biotherm works very well! xx

      Delete
  14. wow such a lovely post! great job x Happy Thanksgiving!

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Same to you too! xx

      Delete
  15. Looks like a great selection of products and brands! Could be something for me :)
    xx Anka

    www.teacupsanddresses.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! xx

      Delete
  16. Great products! I use La Roche-Posay cream myself! Thanks for sharing!

    www.PurseFixation.com
    Toast your Purse with an Outfit!
    Fashion Advice, Events and More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! You're so welcome! xx

      Delete
  17. Great skincare post :) I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your support! <3

      Delete
  18. Ahh I have to check some of these products out :)

    x Analisa
    www.rackandrouge.co

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should if you haven't found the right ones for your skin! xx

      Delete
  19. Anonymous3/02/2015

    Wow, this piece of writing is pleasant, my younger sister
    is analyzing these things, so I am going to tell her.


    Feel free to surf to my blog; VIbrant Skin care Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous5/24/2015

    Hello! Do you know if they make any plugins to help with SEO?
    I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not seeing
    very good gains. If you know of any please share.
    Appreciate it!

    My page; Dermakin Serum

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! xx