CHASING YOUR DREAMS

Dreams. We all have those. I know it is scary to let them guide your way but think about it, what life is without going for the things you wish of doing and achieving. According to my mother, I knew since the age of two that I wanted to be a performer. I was singing, dancing and acting 24/7 in our living room with my sister. When we were living middle of nowhere, we took old sheets, wrap them around our waists and ran around the forest, pretending to be on a Jane Austin movie. When I was a teenager, I was even more sure that entertainment industry was for me. My mother wanted me to understand the pros and cons about the industry and asked me to wait till I was 18 years old, just to see if I was still sure about my life goals. Now that I am almost 24 years old, I am sure, more than ever, that I was right from the start. I want this as bad as I want to breathe. 

So why now? Well, my life in Helsinki was lovely. I had really awesome job, wonderful group of friends, and my overall life was on point. Yes, I was grateful that my life didn't include that much stress. But still, I wasn't happy. I felt like my life was stuck in a pipe. I soon realized that my life wasn't going to change in Finland. The entertainment industry is so small in Finland, and the all the opportunities are for those whom know someone or they went to school. Yes, I had many chances to apply to theater school in Finland, but it didn't felt the right decision. So I did my preparations and I was able to save money on my bank account. I remember when I moved to Punavuori, I told myself that if I move out, I will move to London. And that's what happened. Now that I am here, I feel like I am closer to my dreams than ever. I have people around me whom believe in me, and push me forward. The fact that I am not the only one who believes in me, makes this journey even better. 

Living here is amazing and I want to take my time when I am applying to school. I feel my journey in London is just in the beginning because anything is possible here. If you have dreams you want to achieve, what are you waiting for? Take a chance!

20 comments:

  1. you're so cool! love your shots :)

    http://sonya-thaniya.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's so wonderful that you are chasing your dreams. It's so important to find your passion & go after it rather than doing something that makes you feel complacent. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! We all deserve our best chance in life and we should take risks in life to do so! :) xx

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you finale got to achieve your Dreams, and London is such a great place to make dreams come true! Very stylish dear!
    Baci,
    Coco et La vie en rose fashion blog - Valeria Arizzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. London inspires me to do so! :) xx

      Delete
  4. Well said Heidi! This year was very important and a life changing one for me too! I'm finally living my dreams and not letting anything stop on my way... I've been postponing this for so long, always finding something or somebody else more important than myself and what I want to do in my life. Now it's my time/ turn and I'm so happy to see/ read that there's someone like you who has made a move towards their goals and dreams coming true. :)

    http://lartoffashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natali! I am so happy that you took the leap and made the first step on your way to your dreams. So HIGH FIVE girl!! :) xx

      Delete
  5. Anonymous9/08/2015

    Thank you for inspiring! Can you give tips on how to take those first steps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I might do a post about it! :) xx

      Delete
  6. Anonymous9/08/2015

    Kauniit kuvat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have very chic coffeecup =)

    Michael
    www.ontheleaf.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so nice to see you here!! Thank you! :) xx

      Delete
  8. I think it is amazing that you are going after your dreams and I wish you the best of luck in fulfilling them!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you!! :) <3

      Delete
  9. Great post, I hope your dreams come true! :)

    http://sarawritesadiary.blogspot.si/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post and look!
    xx Elle

    www.cherryblossomstreet.com - Swedish Model and Lifestyle/Travel blogger in TOKYO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack så mycket! Puss och kram! xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment! xx